The old metals sheets were reused but just as part of the formwork for the concrete. The steel reinforcement ties into the gable wall beam. The stones in the parapet wall were cracked and loose in places so we cast a short wall behind them to hold them together.
This was a relatively small pour and a little more intricate. Therefore we could not pump the concrete up there as we did before. Concrete was mixed in the yard and hauled up the old fashioned way bucket by bucket.
The new sanctuary roof complete with new drain. This drain runs down the walls in between the stained glass windows into a small channel down the main aisle. It joins the other drains at the intersection of the main and cross aisles. This will all be restored with PVC pipes.
Once we complete the drains the Cathedral will now have a completely new roof and drain system. We thank God for this, we thank all who worked on helping us achieve this and we thank God for them.